What are the roles and responsibilities of a tournament director during the tournament?
Tournament directors are responsible for the overall onsite management of accredited tournaments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be on-site for the duration of the tournament
- Appropriately staff the event
- Ensure the timeliness of courts
- Record all match results
- Manage issues and resolving conflicts that arise
- Communicate any conduct issues to US Squash
- Apply all rules, policies, and guidelines in an unbiased manner
- Answer questions asked by the players and their families
When hosting an accredited tournament, tournament directors act as a representative of US Squash, and are therefore expected to act in a manner that reflects positively on the organization and provide a fair, positive, and meaningful experience for all participants.