What is the tournament director responsible for before the start of a tournament?
Before a tournament begins, tournament directors are responsible for:
- Updating the tournament information page with relevant information regarding the tournament. Headings for expected information have been added to the tournament venue tab. Please review these and add information where appropriate.
- Forward any tournament policy related questions from players or parents to US Squash tournament support.
- Answer any questions asked about the tournament as it pertains to facility related matters (getting to the courts, parking, hotels, food options, practice courts, etc.).
- Communicate any local or venue related information to the players.
- Arrange and order appropriate tournament gifts for all players to be distributed at tournament check-in.
- Arrange and order food & beverage as necessary
- Arrange and order trophies as necessary
- Schedule the draws which have been created by US Squash - please note that US Squash offers to schedule all tournaments, so if you would like to take advantage of this resource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the tournament begins, the US Squash tournaments team will also be working very closely with the tournament director for each event. To that end, the US Squash tournaments team will be responsible for:
- Player entry management - accept entries and process both player withdrawals and player change requests.
- Create the cutlist at the regular registration deadline if necessary
- Email tournament participants at regular intervals - cutlist created, entry closed, player start times, draws available.
- Answer policy related questions received from players and family members.
- Create online draws.
- Seed online draws.
- Schedule online draws if requested by tournament director
- Work closely with tournament director to answer any questions and to make sure all details are finalized before the tournament begins.